Steamed eggs (with coriander and ham)
4 eggs (add or reduce as required)
Slightly less than 4 eggshells of hot water (water is proportionate to number of eggs)
Chopped coriander (optional)
Sliced ham (optional)
Salt to taste
Light soy sauce to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Place cloth inside a big pot of water. Cover pot and boil.
2. Chop coriander and cut a few pieces of ham (or sausage, I happened to have ham I wanted to use)
3. Break eggs into a big bowl. Swirl with a pair of chopsticks (try not to do this too hard, so as to minimise bubbles). Add water and continue to swirl till evenly mixed. Add salt to taste.
4. Add coriander and ham, swirl.
5. Cover bowl tightly with aluminium foil or a metal cover and place inside pot. Cover pot and boil for 25-30 minutes.
6. To serve, add light soy sauce, pepper if required.
When cooked: Wednesday 22 November 2006
Which meal: Dinner
Which try: First (with coriander and ham)
Missing ingredients: None
Exchanged ingredients: None
Difficulty Level: 1
Others: Steamed egg is great by itself, there's no need to add other ingredients. I happened to have these in the fridge and was just experimenting.
Verdict: Everybody liked it. The coriander tasted nice and it was a good way of getting the boys (including Ed) better acquainted with this garnishing.