Ayam Masak Merah (Red chilli chicken)
Inspired by CookingismyPassion
1. Season chicken with turmeric powder, salt and corn flour for at least 30 minutes.
2. Fry and set aside.
3. Use part of remaining oil to fry lemongrass, 3 cloves, half a cinnamon stick and 1 large tomato (or more if desired). Add oil if required as tomato turns to puree.
4. Add chilli paste (I used the chilli paste from this recipe). Stir.
5. Add fried chicken and simmer. Add water if required.
6. Add ketchup, salt and sugar to taste.
Verdict: Even though I didn't use the recipe given, cos I already had my own prepared chilli paste, this dish turned out great. A change from the usual chicken dishes I cook, which I'm really tired of now.