Steamed Seabass Hongkong Style
Source: Lai Eng
Ginger (thin shreds)
Spring onion (thin shreds)
1. Place fish on a heat-resistant dish. Place ginger on top of fish. I love ginger, hence the generous amount seen above. Steam for 15 minutes.
2. Remove liquid/sauce from dish. Set aside.
3. Boil oil (amount depends on your taste).
4. Pour oil over entire length of fish (be careful, oil may splatter).
5. Sprinkle some sugar. Add spring onion.
7. Add fish sauce.
When cooked: Saturday 15 December 2006
Which meal: Dinner
Which try: Have cooked this many times
Missing ingredients: Fish Sauce
Exchanged ingredients: Light Soy Sauce
Difficulty Level: 2
Verdict: Healthy choice. Brian says he prefers my Easy-Peasy Salmon to this but he likes this very much too. Sean prefers this. I love this dish, always have.