Braised chicken with onion (Difficulty: 2)
1. Heat 2 tbs oil, fry 1 tsp minced garlic and a few slices of ginger till fragrant. Stir in sliced large yellow onion and fry till slightly soft.
2. Add chicken and fry well.
3. Add 1 tbs oyster sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce, a big of rock sugar, 1 tsp hua tiow chiew and 1/2 cup water.
4. Braise over medium heat for 10 mins.
5. Lower heat and simmer for 20 mins (covered). Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add spring onions as garnishing if desired. Add 1 tsp sesame oil before serving.